Treatment for Your Loved OneDestin Recovery Addiction Treatment Center
Paying For Treatment For A Loved One
Figuring out how to pay for addiction treatment (or help your loved one pay) can feel like a huge undertaking. How much will it cost? Will you be able to afford it?
Cost of Rehab vs. Cost of Addiction
While the cost of rehab may be a deterrent for some people, it’s important to remember the higher cost of addiction. The costs of your loved one not getting treatment is much higher. It comes with many financial costs, due to the price of the drugs, lost productivity at work, criminal fines and medical bills for health issues associated with addiction. In addition, addiction costs the addict dearly in other ways — from the deterioration of relationships and lost career goals to overall unhappiness and poor health. Not to mention the high expense of your own health and sanity: Coping with a loved one’s addiction takes a huge toll – emotionally, physically, spiritually and certainly financially. The cost of drug and alcohol rehab depends on the needs of the addicted person and varies from rehab to rehab. Some treatment programs are free while some cost thousands of dollars a day. No matter your budget, there is a treatment center for you. Rehab is accessible to anyone if they know what resources can help them pay for treatment.
We believe that the best results are obtained when an individual treatment program is designed by the treatment center and not mandated by insurance coverage. We are direct about our cost for treatment because we want to give you peace of mind. You will not need to worry about having your treatment interrupted or stopped due to insurance coverage, nor will you receive large bills following treatment. This will allow you to focus only in your recovery. Destin recovery addiction treatment center wants to create trust with their patients, and we believe it’s crucial to be straightforward about financial aspects of treatment. We avoid the “franchise treatment center” model seen in insurance driven programs so that we may provide a more intensive and individualized treatment.Roland Reeves, MD
Destin Recovery Payment Options
Our proven track record in working with a wide variety of insurance carriers will make the process as easy as possible. Most major insurance policies cover the bulk of your treatment costs, which vary from person to person and depend on your specific insurance policy. Destin Recovery accepts the following insurance: Aetna, United Healthcare, Medical Mutual, Cigna, Community Health Network, and BCBS. However, Destin Recovery Addiction Treatment Center is an out of network facility and the cost of treatment is determined by individual and specific needs.
We also accept private pay clients. Many clients prefer this option as it allows for increased confidentiality. Learn more about which payment option is best for you and your family by calling us today and speaking with one of our highly trained Treatment Consultants. We are here to answer all of your questions and guide you in this process.
Paying for Drug Rehab with Insurance
Insurance is one of the most common ways to cover the costs of addiction treatment. The amount insurance covers depends on the insurer and what the health provider accepts. Call us at 850.637.8787 if you have questions about using insurance to cover the cost of substance abuse treatment or you can verify you insurance here by filling in the form and we will check for you. The American Medical Association recognizes alcoholism (alcohol use disorder) and substance addiction (substance use disorder) as diseases, forcing health insurance companies to recognize the need for treatment coverage. In addition, the 2008 Affordable Care Act and Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act require that, for insurance providers that offer coverage for behavioral health conditions, mental health and substance abuse treatment benefits be comparable to medical care benefits. This means insurance policies – both public and private – must cover substance abuse treatment to the same extent that they cover other medical conditions. The Affordable Care Act further ensures that insurance agencies can no longer deny coverage to anyone based on a pre-existing condition, including substance addiction. If you do not have insurance, you can apply for coverage at any time. This may help to drastically reduce your out-of-pocket costs for treatment.
What Insurance Generally Covers
Insurance policies vary in the amount of treatment services that they cover. But most policies will cover one or more of the following:
- Assessment – generally fully covered.
- Detoxification – generally mostly covered, but rapid detox and ultra-rapid detox tend to not be covered.
- Outpatient treatment – generally mostly covered.
- Inpatient (residential) treatment – generally partially covered.
Insurance policies will cover addiction treatment to the same extent that they cover other medical conditions. But they will only cover what a professional determines to be “medically necessary.” Healthcare.gov defines medically necessary as “health care services or supplies needed to diagnose and treat an illness, injury, condition, disease or its symptoms and that meet accepted standards of care.” These services would likely include things such as a treatment program and a bed, but not a private room with a daily linen-change service.
How to Determine Your Coverage
- Call Member Services at your insurance company – have your membership identification number ready.
- Write down the name of the representative(s) you speak with, as well as any notes about the conversation.
- Ask what “levels of care” are covered for addiction treatment (assessment, detox, inpatient, outpatient, residential, hospital-based, partial hospitalization, etc.).
- Ask about in-network and out-of-network providers and the percentage covered by insurance for each.
- Ask about co-pays and deductibles.
- Ask what your out-of-pocket maximum expense is.
- Ask what criteria your insurance company uses to determine medical necessity.
Medicare and Medicaid Coverage
Although Destin Recovery does not accept Medicare and Medicaid, they are government-sponsored insurance plans that cover screening for substance abuse. But this coverage does not always include treatment. Medicare is for anyone 65 or older or with a severe disability no matter what their income level is. Its coverage changes based on the type of care you’re seeking.
- Inpatient – Medicare covers up to 190 days of inpatient services during your lifetime, with a $1,260 deductible and variable co-payments.
- Outpatient – Medicare covers counseling and therapy, one screening per year, medication management and one yearly “wellness” visit (you pay 20% of treatment costs).
- Partial hospitalization – You pay a percentage of each service, as well as daily co-payments and a deductible.
Medicaid is a plan for low-income households. The plan is run on a state-by-state basis, with each state covering varying degrees of treatment. However, Medicaid does require a number of mandatory services to be covered. These services include both inpatient and outpatient care, as long as the facility you choose accepts Medicaid.
Health Insurance Marketplace
Health Insurance Marketplace plans cover substance abuse treatment to varying degrees, depending on the state. This option offers state government-organized insurance plans. These plans cover substance abuse treatment to varying degrees, depending on the state. But the plans typically include coverage for assessment, detox and some outpatient care. The open enrollment period for the marketplace plans takes place once a year, from November 1 to January 31 for coverage in the New Year. You may also qualify for special enrollment periods in the case of certain life events:
- Moving to a new state.
- Certain changes in income.
- Changes in family size.
- Gaining membership in a federally recognized tribe.
Not everyone has insurance, but there are still ways to access addiction treatment. One way is to look for a free or low-income rehab center. The other is to look into rehabs that offer financing options. Financing is often a better choice because free rehabs often have limited funding, substandard care and waiting lists. Some people may not like the idea of taking on debt, but rehab is an investment. Over time it pays off. Getting sober gives people the tools to get their life and career on track. Recovered addicts are also able to save more because they aren’t spending on drugs or alcohol.
Destin Recovery has partnered with My Treatment Lender a subsidiary of Pacific Healthcare Solutions providing loans for addiction treatment. We hope to be able to give people who want to recover the best chance possible.
Our treatment specialists provide:
- Access to the best Florida drug rehab center
- Caring, supportive guidance
- Financial assistance options
- Get the attention you deserve in an intimate, individually focused program with people just like you.
- Heal through an effective blend of integration therapies at on of the world's most beautiful beaches.
- Discover why this has happened to you and learn how to live free from your problem.
- Get treatment from the area's leading addiction specialists.
- Get state of the art treatment proven to work by the latest research - we combine science with real life knowledge and compassion.
- In just 24 hours, we can arrange your travel to our Destin, Florida drug rehab center.