How Long Does Addiction Treatment Take?Destin Recovery Addiction Treatment Center
There Are No Quick Fixes with Addiction Treatment
The most effective and successful treatment programs are those that run for an adequate period of time. A couple of weeks in rehab is not enough for anyone to get better. Research has found that a minimum of three months is most effective for addiction treatment. If a facility tries to tell you that they can treat you in a month or less, you are being lied to. Treatment should also continue after rehab, which means the most successful facilities will guide you through your aftercare options. They will provide patients with choices and referrals for continuing work with therapists, support groups and other strategies.
Rehab in Florida
Luxury drug rehab centers are not necessarily the most successful. No matter how much you pay for treatment, your own commitment, plus the staff’s commitment to the highest treatment standards, are of the greatest importance to your success. If you can find a facility that adheres to these principles, you have a better shot at getting well and getting sober.
See Dr. Reeves Blog: Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery Takes Time
Traditionally, addiction treatment has been limited to 28 days or less in most cases, a standard established not by addiction experts but by insurance companies. Short-term treatment is woefully inadequate for long-term recovery and often serves as the beginning of a long cycle of heartbreaking relapses and repeat trips to rehab.
Although research shows beyond the shadow of a doubt that longer treatment is more effective, insurance companies continue to depend on small, outdated studies to defend decisions to pay for treatment that often spans no more than five to 20 days. Some insurance companies pay only for two or three days of detox before transferring patients to outpatient treatment, a situation that many liken to a quick shock with a defibrillator before sending a heart attack patient to a primary care provider for continuation of care.Roland Reeves, MD
Our treatment specialists provide:
- Access to the best Florida drug rehab center
- Caring, supportive guidance
- Financial assistance options
- Get the attention you deserve in an intimate, individually focused program.
- Heal through an effective blend of integrated therapies at one of the world's most beautiful beaches.
- Discover why this has happened to you and learn how to live free from your problem.
- Get treatment from the area's leading addiction specialists.
- Get state of the art treatment proven to work by the latest research - we combine science with real life knowledge and compassion.